Open Position: Office Manager
Women Win is looking for a full-time, professional and energetic Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures of a fast growing organization. Our busy and sometimes chaotic office needs a reliable, well-organized, proactive, Office Manager to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on efficiency and time management.
The desired individual will need to need to wear multiple hats and be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and be able to work independently with little or no supervision. S/he will need to be extremely flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
As the Office Manager, you will be the first person of contact for both internal and external customers. The glue that binds everyone together and the first person staff will approach when there’s a problem. As the Office Manager you will need to possess and convey a strong sense of integrity, trustworthiness, honesty, reliability, confidentiality and accountability, held against the highest of ethical standards.
Ultimately, the role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and efficiency, best uses of available resources, internal communication and overall wellbeing of the day to day operations of the organization.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT (40%)
- Responsible for being the first point of contact for all internal and external inquiries
- Manage all aspects of staff administration
- Responsible for inventories of the organization
- Oversee facility management
- Prepare operational reports and schedules
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures and standards
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION (20%)
- Process weekly payments, approvals and disbursement documentation
- Ensure proper financial approvals, compliance and documentation
- Manage the monthly general administration and overhead budget
- Manage monthly payroll, benefits and pension scheme
- Manage monthly staff time reporting, sick leave, holiday leave, comp days
- Responsible for financial and operational document storage and compliance
EVENT MANAGEMENT / TRAVEL COORDINATOR / LOGISTICS (20%)
- Manage or support Women Win events in the Netherlands and abroad
- Manage relationship with key travel vendors
- Support staff and key stakeholders in travel requests and logistics
- Manage travel authorizations process and travel calendar compliance
- Coordinate organization of events, both in-house and off-site
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO EXECUTIVE TEAM (20%)
- Support the executive management team with scheduling, appointments and meeting agendas
- Manage executive expenses and project reporting
- Manage executive travel and logistics
- Arrange, prepare and distribute presentations, correspondence and official minutes
- Conduct special projects on behalf of the executive team
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Business degree or equivalent with 1-3 years’ practical experience
- High school diploma with a number of years administrative and/or supervisory experience in fast-paced office environment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience as an office manager, business manager or executive assistant
- Experience in organizing events, coordinating groups or planning and facilitating workshops
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with high-level of certainty as to outcomes
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages and on-line banking environment
- Hands on experience with office machines, conferencing systems, cloud based software and apps
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements; Initiative driven; Adaptability
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Dutch and English fluency – essential (expert)
- Other languages highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic, ambitious and fun team
- Significant opportunities for professional development
- The chance to contribute to Women Win’s international work and the growth of our organisation
- A salary according to market standards and competitive benefits
- A contract with potential for extension
Hiring for the Office Manager position is open immediately and the position will be filled for commencement in February 2019. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, no later than 10 January 2019.
Please submit the following to email@example.com with “Office Manager Application” in the subject line:
- English resume/CV
- Motivation letter in English outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for this position and why you’d like to join our team.
- Please also indicate when you would be available to start at Women Win in your motivation letter.
- Only those with a valid work permit for The Netherlands need apply. Women Win cannot procure a working permit for prospective candidates.
- If you are short-listed, we will contact you no later than 25 January 2019.
- Women Win will be unable to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not short-listed.