Consultancy Opportunity: Collective Impact Partner
Women Win (WW) is the global leader in girls' and women’s empowerment through sport. We leverage the power of play to help adolescent girls and young women build leadership skills and become better equipped to exercise their rights. Since 2015, WW has implemented the “One Win Leads to Another” (OWLA) programme in Brazil as the technical advisor partner of UN Women. Together with the UN Women Brazil Country Office and Women Win’s local partner organisation Empodera, OWLA is now a flagship programme with prospects of expansion in Brazil and also abroad. In this next phase of the OWLA programme, together with local implementing partners, Women Win will map and connect key stakeholders across the country to tackle gender equity through sports under a common collective impact strategy, a framework to tackle deeply entrenched and complex social problems and which is based on the premise that no single policy, government department, organisation or program can tackle or solve the increasingly complex social problems we face as a society. It is imperative to develop partnerships with a shared interest in creating and measuring change.
In the development of the collective impact strategy on gender and sports, WW will provide expertise and input on content related to adolescent girl programming, gender, sport and play-based methodologies. To complement this, Women Win is seeking a Collective Impact Partner to support with the development of this collective impact strategy on gender and sports, including the establishment a common agenda, shared indicators, examples of mutually reinforcing activities as well as the contextualisation of content to Brazil.
REQUIREMENTS, LEVEL OF EFFORT AND LOCATION
Applicants must have experience on collective impact frameworks as well as:
- knowledge of relevant principles and standards related to collective impact methodologies
- knowledge of and access to existing resources related to the development of this strategy
- excellent verbal and written skills (in Portuguese and English)
- experience designing and facilitating workshops
- ability to work in a fast-moving team and responsive to all relevant communications
- background in, or familiarity with, gender issues, girls’ and women’s rights, sport for development, and implementing innovative and interactive methodologies
- proven ability in advising and supporting NGOs and multi-stakeholder initiatives or sports/industry associations in social issues (i.e. practical steps, not just theoretical)
The estimated level of effort is expected to be around 19 working days over two years starting in February 2019. The consultancy must be available in March 2019 for an in-person workshop (co-facilitating) which will take place in Brazil. Applicants can be based in any Brazilian city, but will have to communicate effectively with Women Win staff based in the Netherlands and USA. Communication will be done remotely via email, phone, Skype, WhatsApp and videoconference tools. Consultancies outside of Brazil will not be considered.
Please send the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 January 2019:
- Resume/CV or LinkedIn profile
- Short writing sample demonstrating your approach to developing this framework. In less than 500 words, explain the international principles, standards and guidelines that are most relevant for practitioners to consider when designing and delivering collective impact strategies
- Daily rate in US dollars