Open Position: Programmes Specialist
The Women Win Programmes team aims, conceptualises and designs quality programmes and relevant resources; re-grants a global portfolio of implementing partners; provides technical support to a range of partners in gender, women’s rights and sport for development; and measures the impact of our work through monitoring, evaluation and learning.
The Programmes Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day support of this work, across both Women Win and WWS portfolios. S/he reports to one of Women Win’s Programmes Managers. As a member of our team, s/he is responsible representing Women Win to partners and external investors in the Netherlands and abroad.
MANAGE AND STRENGTHEN IMPLEMENTING ORGANISATIONS (30%)
- Manage a portfolio of Women Win implementing partners, guaranteeing all re-granting administrative requirements and maintaining strong partnerships
- Strengthen the capacity of Women Win implementing partners to ensure quality and innovation in girls’ and sport programmes through a range of initiatives including remote support, meetings, workshops, site visits, etc.
SUPPORT DESIGN AND DELIVERY OF PROGRAMMES WORK (40%)
- Support the design, delivery and review of core Women Win products and services, such as guidelines, curricula, games, workshops/trainings, convenings, etc.
- Support the organisation and delivery of Women Win workshops, convenings and trainings in the Netherlands and abroad
- Manage programmes budgets in line with partner requirements and Women Win financial procedures, ensuring due diligence in all expenditure
RESOURCE MOBILISATION AND REPRESENTATION (20%)
- Manage or support Women Win events in the Netherlands and abroad
- Support Women Win resource mobilisation, particularly the development of proposals for new funding
- Develop strong networks with relevant stakeholders including sport-for-development organisations, women’s groups, funders, networks, and alliances
- Participate in key meetings, networks and forums to increase Women Win’s visibility and awareness around sport and gender. This includes, speaking opportunities, participation in debates and one-to-one dialogue with key stakeholders in Government, civil society, and potential funders
- Miscellaneous support as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Education: a degree in a relevant field; e.g. International Development, Economics, Sports, Gender, etc.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2+ years of work experience or an advanced degree in a relevant field
- Keen awareness of issues related to global development, women’s rights and/or sport for development
- Solid understanding of at least one region Africa, Latin America, Asia, Middle East/North Africa, Europe
- Experience organising events, coordinating groups or facilitating workshops
- Experience in project management and budgeting
Travel: to apply for this position, you must be excited about travelling internationally for a significant proportion of your time (up to 40%), including to low-income countries and (post) conflict countries. Position is based in Amsterdam.
- English fluency – essential
- Dutch, Spanish, French or Arabic native/bilingual fluency – highly desirable
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic, ambitious and fun team
- Significant opportunities for professional development
- The chance to contribute to Women Win’s international work and the growth of our organisation
- A salary according to market standards and competitive benefits
- A contract with potential for extension
Hiring for the Programmes Specialist position is open immediately and the position will be filled as soon as possible for commencement in January 2019. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, no later than 14 December 2018.
Please submit the following to email@example.com with “Programmes Specialist Application” in the subject line:
- English resume/CV
- Motivation letter in English outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for this position and why you’d like to join our team.
- Please also indicate when you would be available to start at Women Win in your motivation letter.
- Only those with a valid work permit for The Netherlands need apply. Women Win cannot procure a working permit for prospective candidates.
- If you are short-listed, we will contact you no later than 7 January 2019.
- Women Win will be unable to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not short-listed.