Our high-growth organization is seeking an experienced and professional Finance Manager to join our team. This position will play a key role in the organization’s funding strategy and long-term financial security. The Finance Manager will collaborate with the executive management team to analyse department finances and develop budgets that will keep the organization’s costs down. This position will provide the right person with promotion potential within 2 to 3 years of joining the team.
The Finance Manager serves as the organization’s key resource in overseeing and developing all aspects of finance for Women Win. S/he reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the other directors and program leads.
The Finance Manager
- Takes the lead in managing and controlling Women Win’s finance and accounting, in implementing efficient and effective financial systems and in reporting to management, the Board of Directors and donors.
- Provides timely reporting and advice to the management team regarding operational and financial controls as well as risks and opportunities in a fast paced, growing organization.
- Drives the budgeting, forecasting, and (cash flow) forecasting processes.
- Manages the external audit process and ensures that the organization meets external requirements to donors, including input into fundraising proposals and donor reporting.
- Oversees the development of integrated information systems, which adds to the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
We are looking for a full-time, enthusiastic person, who has the potential to grow as the organization grows and to become part of the senior management team. The Finance Manager’s role offers an incredible opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of systems design and implementation and brings an exceptional track record of financial management in a diverse environment. Successful candidates thrive in collaborative, supportive, fun environments while valuing hard work to deliver results.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations: accounting, accounts payable/receivable, salaries, tax obligations;
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments; oversee all financial, project / program and grants accounting;
- Provide financial information, as requested, and respond to internal financial queries;
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting;
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial health of the organization;
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of funding strategies;
- Provide monthly standard accounting submissions to the Chief Operating Officer, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, required sub grantee reporting, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner;
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment of empowerment;
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve objectives and contribute to the strategic development of Women Win.
- Update and implement all necessary financial policies and accounting practices; improve the Finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual;
- Support the Chief Operating Officer to ensure effective development of policies and financial reporting;
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process; liaise with external auditors, program partners and the Chief Operating Officer; assess any changes necessary;
- Oversee the production of the annual report and statement of annual accounts;
- Examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles;
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained and that all procedures and controls are implemented;
- Ensure effective, transparent use of financial resources in compliance with Women Win and donor policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer on financial and legal requirements of the Women Win US and UK charities.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Liaise regularly with budget holders;
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements;
- Assists with monitoring and evaluation activities, particularly on financial reporting of program partners;
- Communicate with partners, as well as any sub-grantees, to verify their systems and that they understand and follow all appropriate procedures and archiving;
- Support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects;
- Participate in sharing best practices with NGOs and governmental agencies;
- Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances;
- Provide monthly management reports to Program Managers, including expenditures by cost center/project, sub grantee reporting and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner;
- Develop annual fiscal year budgets and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems with Program Managers;
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity;
- Create a strong culture of financial stewardship;
- Monitor security situation in countries of operations and report to senior management as necessary.
RESOURCE MOBILIZATION (20%)
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for concept notes, proposals and grant writing;
- Review all proposal and grants for financial resilience prior to submission of application;
- Review monthly income targets, closure rates, pipeline and preparation of monthly management reports;
- Provide analytics and financial support on strategic opportunities;
- Ensure that the organization meets external requirements to donors;
- Interface with donor representatives to convey information about programs as appropriate.
HUMAN RESOURCES (10%)
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of the competitive marketplace for benefits and retirement;
- Ensure monthly payroll and benefits management are run efficiently and effectively;
- Periodically review salary scales and benefit packages and implement changes where appropriate
Job Type: Full-time
- understanding of donor regulations: 3 years (Preferred)
- finance: 3 years (Required)
- NGO experience in grants management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Postcode 1011 in Amsterdam Centrum (Preferred)
- Dutch, English (Required)
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org