Women Win is the global leader in girls' and women’s empowerment through sport. We leverage the power of play to help adolescent girls and young women build leadership skills and become better equipped to exercise their rights.
Since 2007, we have impacted the lives of 2,822,400 adolescent girls and young women in over 100 countries. This is possible thanks to collaborations with a wide variety of grassroots women’s organisations, corporates, development organisations, sports bodies and government agencies. Women Win currently supports initiatives in Asia, Africa, Middle East, North and South America.
Since 2007, we have:
- Impacted the lives of over 2.8 million adolescent girls and young women in over 100 countries, on five continents
- Supported a diverse portfolio of over 50 programme partners
- Established key strategic partnerships and alliances across sectors with actors who have a shared interest in girls' and women’s rights and/or sport
- Developed a series of open-source International Guidelines for addressing girls and women’s rights through sport, to cross-pollinate the experience of practitioners around the world
- Partnered with Standard Chartered in the dissemination of the award-winning Goal Programme; an innovative sport and life skills curriculum designed for girls aged 12-18 from underserved communities
- Driven a collective impact strategy to measure the influence of sport on the lives of adolescent girls and young women with a global set of partners who have a shared interest in the topic, using Salesforce as a common platform for data collection and analysis
- Released an extensive evaluation report on our three-year programme ‘Building Young Women’s Leadership Through Sport’ (BYWLTS). The report provides results and recommendations from the programme. Overall, we have seen that adolescent girls and young women enhanced their knowledge, attitudes and behaviours related to sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender-based violence, and economic empowerment.