Calling all young women and non-binary people with a passion for skateboarding and a powerful idea to get more young people on boards in Europe!
The ROLL Models programme is designed to support and create visibility for diverse young skaters across Europe based in: Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain or the United Kingdom.
We’re currently seeking applications from young women and non-binary people (aged 18-30) who have an idea for a project that will use skateboarding to improve the physical and mental well-being of girls and non-binary children (aged 5-18) and promote gender equity. The ROLL Models programme is a unique opportunity for women and non-binary people with a passion for skateboarding to connect with and support each other.
For this year, we are excited to announce that as well as recruiting new ROLL Models, we will also be providing renewal grants for ROLL Models from previous years!
Selected ROLL Models candidates will receive:
- A seed-grant of up to €3000 to fund their project idea
- A place at our ROLL Models Leadership Camp in Berlin** (Depending on COVID-19 travel restrictions)
- Support and guidance from Skateistan and Women Win
How does it work?
Approximately 20 young women will be selected to attend our ROLL Models Leadership Camp in Berlin, where they will take part in leadership and skateboard programming workshops, develop their project ideas, and connect with other ROLL Models from around Europe. All ROLL Models will then receive a seed-grant towards their project, as well as ongoing guidance from Skateistan and Women Win. Approximately €33,000 in grants will be awarded to the selected ROLL Models in 2022.
We are also pleased to announce that our ROLL Models Advisory Board continues and this year’s ROLL Models will be selected by this Board, composed of 5 previous ROLL Models from 2020 and 2021.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Identify as a woman or non-binary, aged 18-30 years old
- Be based in one of the following countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain or the UK
- Have an idea for a project to empower girls through skateboarding
- Be available to attend our ROLL Models Leadership Camp in May (exact date TBD)
Guidelines for project proposals:
- Proposed project activities must take place between 1 May and 30 September 2022
- Projects should work with girls, young women or non-binary people aged 5-18 years old
- Applicants can apply for one of two seed-grant amounts;
- €1500 – for individual applicants, not affiliated with an organisation/group
- €3000 – for applicants that are either staff or volunteers of an existing organisation/group
We look forward to hearing about you and your idea through our short application form (details below), and please share this with any other young skaters out there who have ROLL Model potential!
How to Apply:
Use this link to complete and submit the short application form.
If you have any issues in submitting your application or have any additional questions, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘ROLL Models Application’.
While the Leadership Camp and ROLL Model activities will be carried out in English, we can support with interpretation if required. Please let us know in your application form if you require this. You can find more answers to common questions and full application details on our FAQ.
We are keen to make the ROLL Models programme as inclusive as possible and actively look to support all cis, trans, non-binary and all other underrepresented groups and communities such as black, indigenous, people of colour, LGBTQI+, refugees and migrant girls and women with or without disabilities.
Applications are open until Friday, 4th March 2022
About Women Win and Skateistan
Women Win is a global multi-dimensional women’s fund guided by the vision of a future where every girl and woman exercises her rights. Since 2007, Women Win has leveraged the power of play to support almost 3 million adolescent girls and young women in over 100 countries to build leadership skills and become better equipped to exercise their rights.
Skateistan is an award-winning international NGO which empowers children through skateboarding and creative education in Afghanistan, Cambodia and South Africa. The Goodpush Alliance is an initiative by Skateistan to support and share knowledge among social skateboarding projects worldwide, offering workshops, awards and online resources.